Tuesday 13 October 2009

People are noticing the changes

It is not just my imagination - other people are noticing the changes in me. I will post some pictures, you will see that I do not look happy in many - I look anxious, uptight etc. However now I genuinely look happy, because I am. However I will say that tonight for the first time I have thought about the sacrifice I have made, ie my fertility. It is by no means an easy get out - a hysterectomy. And my mind boggles as people who think I may be mad and that I just had it to 'prove' something!! Although at 29 I was certain that I did not want anymore children, what if at 35 I decide I do? Well im buggered!!! However for me I took the decision based on the following, do i give my boys the best life I can all the time, or only 2 weeks a month. However as im sure all u mums no, we do our very very best to shield our kids from what is happening, but the tears speak for themselves. I made my decision based on what was best for my children, and for the first time tonight I have kind of realised I didn't actually think about myself very much. But I have absolutley no regrets. I guess what Im trying to say is when we are feeling ok, we always think about others before ourselves, we need to think about ourselves a bit more.
See you Soon
Dx

4 comments:

  1. Hi, my name is Melissa and I'm 30. I have 3 children and am happily married.

    I have noticed in the past 4 months, my pattern follows the one you describe. My doctor has put me on Sertraline, I am now on week 3. I have felt great, until 2 days ago. My period is due in 5 days though and I have anxiety back, Im restless, sleepless at nights, I wake up feeling like I have an electric current running through me, my mind worries about everything, and I fear I am going mad. Although this is something that will pass after my period starts, its still very scary, as you know.

    I asked my doctor for a hysterectomy the other day because of this, he said they would not remove my overies at my age because I would go through mthe menapause. Could you share your experience on this please, and what medication you have to take now you have had these removed.

    I will follow your blog, good idea. I really want help with this.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is what normally happens, we are put on anti depressants, but they make no difference on our bad weeks. Yes your doc is right, you would go through the menopause, but that may be a godsend for you as you are plagued by your hormones. Menopause for me is a walk in the park compared to PMDD. You need to get a referral to an gynacologist, you need to keep diaries of your symptoms as it is the timing and type of symptoms that enable a good gyna to identify which hormones are your problem. There are published clinical guidelines in the UK that identify the different stages of treatments that you must progress through. The one treatment that I would really recc before you decide to go ahead with the op is GNRH injections which put your body into menopause state. It is important not to use add back HRT when on these injections as this is the only way you will get a true picture of what life is like without hormones. Are you in the UK
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Donna, yes I am in the UK. After I wrote that the next day I was okay and have been feeling a little better since. I got my period today after 32 days since the last one. I will see how it goes next month, keeping tabs on how things on day to day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been quite a few years since your op...how are you feelign now? I suffer from severe PMDD and my hubby suggested a hystorectomy because the only time I've been normal is when I dont get a period.
    I'm worried about long term effects/

    ReplyDelete